[Nagiosplug-help] Error compiling Nagios plugins

_pkliste pkliste at schlund.de
Sat Sep 13 02:46:07 CEST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to get the current snapshot (nagios-plugins-1.3.99) compiled.
./configure returns an error, I inlcuded the last few lines for you:

<code>
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/subst
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/utils.pm
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/utils.sh
config.status: creating command.cfg
config.status: creating test.pl
config.status: creating pkg/solaris/pkginfo
config.status: creating intl/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: intl/Makefile.in </code>

This happens on a RedHat 9 machine, which is mostly 'out-of-the-box'. I
also tried: # aclocal -I lib # autoconf # autoheader # automake before
the configure, but to no avail.

I want to do this because I'd like to have the current version of
check_nwstat. Is there another way to get only that one compiled? BTW,
compiling the current release (1.3.1) was easy and worked right away.

Gruss,
Peter Koch