[Nagiosplug-help] Could not open ntpdate

Ron Carver rcarver at www.IN.gov
Tue Aug 31 13:23:04 CEST 2004

I am setting up my nagios system to monitor NTP on all of our servers
(about 60).  all but 3 are working fine.  On those 3, when I try to run
/web/apps/nagios/libexec/check_ntp -H <hostname>  -w 180 -c 300  (same
exact format as the others, only hostname is different on each)  I get
the following error.

Could not open ntpdate

The XNTP is running fine, the date/time is correct on the server, and
when I try to run something
like

# ntpdate -q <ntp server>
I get
server 10.8.51.2, stratum 3, offset 0.001669, delay 0.02609
31 Aug 15:18:56 ntpdate[18850]: adjust time server 10.8.51.2 offset
0.001669 sec

So everything appears to be fine and dandy.  any ideas whats up with the
script?

all of the boxen are sun boxes running solaris 9, but I have several
other sun boxes running solaris 9 that work just fine.

--
Ron Carver

System Administrator
www.IN.gov
rcarver at www.IN.gov
Phone: 317-234-2575
Fax: 317-233-2011

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This E-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you do not have permission to disclose, copy, distribute, or open any attachments.  If you have received this E-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you.
accessIndiana, MyLocal.IN.gov, CivicNet