[Nagiosplug-help] nagios-mysql issues

Trent Geerdes trent at unt.edu
Thu Dec 2 08:38:02 CET 2004

Hello Everyone,

I've configured nagios text several times successfully but I can't the
the database bit working.

I'm currently using MySQL 4.02 and Nagios 1.2 on FreeBSD 5.3.  It would
be nice to know what version of MySQL Nagios wants.

I created the nagios database manually with the mysql root account.  I
then did
mysql -u root nagios < create_mysql.  I verified that the tables were
there manually.

I then ran  GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON nagios.* TO
nagios at localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
and GRANT LOCK TABLES ON nagios.* TO nagios at localhost IDENTIFIED BY
'password';
from the mysql prompt.

I've copied the check_nagios_db.pl over to /usr/local/share/nagios/ and
pointed at it in cgi.cfg.
I've edited the database sections in cgi.cfg and resource.cfg with the
appropriate database info.

Nagios starts fine from the startup script but then acts like its not
running or can't get status when I view the web page.

nagios.log:

1101979948] Nagios 1.2 starting... (PID=27143)
[1101979948] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=27144)
[1101979948] Error: Could not read program retention data from table
programretention
[1101979948] Error: Could not read host retention data from table
hostretention
[1101979948] Error: Could not read service retention data from table
serviceretention
[1101979948] Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ''

No errors in mysqld log.

Thanks for any help.

Trent Geerdes