[Nagiosplug-help] Help with passive checks

Sebastian Rodriguez Guevara sguevara at blitzit.com.ar
Wed Dec 15 14:06:02 CET 2004

Thanks for the reply. I already read the documentation, and set up hosts
and services. All active checks are running. Nrpe is running too (in
various hosts). But passive checks simply don´t work. Is there some
special command which i need to specify? A special service?
I post here some host and service definition. Please help me!

services.cfg
define service{
#       use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       febo
        service_description             Espacio_/var
        is_volatile                         0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts         3
        active_checks_enabled      0
        passive_checks_enabled    1
        normal_check_interval       3
        retry_check_interval          1
        contact_groups                  soporte
        notification_interval            120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                ?????? I don´t know how set this
value to work with passive checks. I tried with various commands, but no
one works.
}

hosts.cfg

define host{
        use                               generic-host            ; Name
of host template to use
        host_name                    febo
        alias                              Fileserver Ospiv #1
        address                         xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        check_command           Espacio_/samba_homes
        max_check_attempts    10
        notification_interval       120
        notification_period        24x7
        notification_options       d,u,r