[Nagiosplug-help] check_win_eventlog help

Darrell Mozingo dmozingo at topechelon.com
Mon Jan 12 13:37:02 CET 2004

I'm using the Windows Eventlog Addon for Nagios
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/naplax/, version 0.1.0), with the
following command definition:

define command{
        command_name    check_win_applicationlog
        command_line    $USER1$/check_win_eventlog -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -s A
-l Application -m $USER6$ -t $USER7$ -q $USER8$
}

Where the user macros are defined in resources.cfg as:

$USER6$="+"
$USER7$="+"
$USER8$="+"

This will retrieve all the entries in the application log, which it does
just great. My question is how can I filter out entries I don't want to
see? I saw the examples where you can ignore everything but xy, but I
want to receive all but xy. Anyone know how I can do that? I tried
changing the $USER6$ macro to:

$USER6$="+:Error String"

Which, in theory, would get everything except those events that have
"Error String" in them, but it's not working that way. Can anyone help
me out with this? Thanks a bunch.

Darrell Mozingo