[Nagiosplug-help] check_nt NSClient Socket Timeouts

L. Mark Stone LMStone at RNoME.com
Mon Jan 26 19:27:13 CET 2004

We are newbies to Nagios, so please be kind! We've RTFMs, Googled like
crazy and came up short, so we are posting here...

We are running Nagios (our first install) on a SuSE 9.0 Pro machine to
check the status of some of our clients' key servers.

Nagios itself runs OK, and almost all of the service checks work fine,
too (like HTTP, POP3, SMTP) on both the Linux and Windows servers we are
monitoring.

But, we are having no luck with the NSClient plugin.

On every Windows machine we try to monitor with this plugin, we get
"Socket timeout after 10 seconds" in the status information window.

We checked the Event Logs on all of the Windows machines (a mix of NT4
and Windows 2000 Server servers at several different client sites) and
saw nothing.

We checked the logs on our Nagios machine and saw nothing.

We verified that port 1248 is open to both TCP and UDP traffic in both
directions at all locations.

We are stumped!

Any ideas?

Thanks!