[Nagiosplug-help] check_nt NSClient Socket Timeouts

Andre Bergei andre.bergei at ementor.no
Tue Jan 27 03:00:35 CET 2004

> On every Windows machine we try to monitor with this plugin,
> we get "Socket timeout after 10 seconds" in the status
> information window.

 Include an example of your check_command and a service template entry
for nsclient,
 also try to telnet a remote nsclient machine on port 1248 from the
nagios server , and see if it connects.

 If telnet connect fails, type
 netstat -an
 in a cmd shell on the win nsclient machine.
 Make sure you find this line;
 TCP    0.0.0.0:1248           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
 if not, your client may not be running, or configured to run on a
another port.

 Read page 18 in this document for a nice howto on nsclient:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/download/contrib/documentation/misc/Instal
lingNagios-r2.pdf

 /andre