[Nagiosplug-help] check_radius problem

Viktor Steinmann viktor.steinmann at ch.easynet.net
Tue Jul 20 01:34:00 CEST 2004

Maybe this is unusual, but I'll answer my own question after troubleshooting
for 3 more hours...

First of all - stupid mistake - but it can happen to anyone using FreeBSD and
compiling everything from the ports...

The default file permission of the file /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/servers
when installed from the ports is -rw------- and that's the problem. When
testing from the command line, I tested with root, who of course can read
that file and that's why I get the status "auth OK".

Later on I tested with the user 'nagios', who runs the tests - and it created
core dumps and/or errors. After changing the file permission of that file to
-rw-r--r--, it suddenly worked out quit well :-)

Maybe it would be a good idea to put this in the FAQ - because while browing
the sourceforge mails, I saw that someone else had exactly the same problem a
few months ago...

Regards,
Viktor