[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE and NRPE NT problems

Joshua Wales jwales at fit.edu
Wed Jul 21 07:04:15 CEST 2004

I'm running nagios 1.2 on a red hat enterprise 3 server with plugin
version 1.3.1 and nrpe 2.0 running on a unix test machine and nrpe_NT
running on a windows xp test machine. All my regular checks are working
but the nrpe checks are not.

        The NRPE NT checks all return "no output available" even though
they run successfully on the windows NRPE machine itself. The NRPE
checks returne "NRPE: Unable to read output" even though the
checks are successful on the Sun NRPE machine.
      I have no idea what is going wrong between them here, but any advice
would be appreciated. I haven't been working with linux/unix very
long, so please bare with me. Thank you and God bless.

Josh Wales