[Nagiosplug-help] check_proc - how verify that one process exist?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Jun 25 03:47:02 CEST 2004

LEBRETON Philippe wrote:
> hello,
>
> I want verify thant ONE process exist with check_procs.
> my actual command is : check_procs -C <process_name>
> When the process exist OK is return but when it does'nt exist i want
> CRITICAL response.
> How i can make this with check_procs ans is parameters?

It's in the --help and several times in the mailing list archive. In
fact, this question has been repeated so many times, I suspect that many
readers despaired of being anble to muster a civil tone in their
replies, thus did not reply.

use a range - you specify the accpatable range, so -w 1:10 means warn if
the are not between 1 and 10 processes (inclusive) running)

Also read the --help screen. If the help needs to be inproved, send us
suggestions.

--
Karl