[Nagiosplug-help] Syntax Question for NRPE in services.cfg

L. Mark Stone LMStone at RNoME.com
Fri Jun 25 07:23:04 CEST 2004

On Friday 25 June 2004 04:10 am, carole verdon wrote:
| Try this:
|
| check_command		check_nrpe!1248!check_disk1
|
| Carole.
|
| L. Mark Stone wrote:
<snip>

| >But when I try to use the check_nrpe command in services.cfg, I get
| >errors.
| >
| >I've tried:
| >check_command		check_nrpe!check_disk1
| >check_command		check_nrpe! -H 172.22.6.14 -p 1248 -c check_disk1
| >
| >Clearly, I'm missing something fundamental about the syntax for
| > using check_nrpe in services.cfg.

Carole, (and Vanny),

Thank you (both) for your prompt replies.

Carole, I tried your suggestion but still got errors.  So I rechecked my
checkcommands.cfg file, and there I saw that the definition for
check_nrpe was missing the port argument!  Once I added that in, then
your syntax worked perfectly.

Have a great weekend, and thanks again!
Mark