[Nagiosplug-help] SNMP checks for Compaq mibs

Mike Feetham mike.feetham at percepta-crm.com
Fri Jun 25 10:11:05 CEST 2004

I am trying to monitor disk space on some Compaq/HP servers, running various
Windows platforms.  Since they already have the Compaq Insight SNMP services
running on them, our corporate policy forbids us from installing any other
SNMP agents, or MIB updates (like snmp4tpc).

I have created commands using the check_snmp plugin, aiming them at the OIDs
from the Compaq mibs.

>From what I can find, the Compaq mibs will only show total drive size and
space used.  What we really need is space free, not space used.  Other than
writing a script to subtract used space from total space, does anyone have a
cleaner solution for getting what we want?

Is there an OID I'm missing in the Compaq mibs that has this info?

I know there are dozens of different ways to get the same results, but what
would other Nagios users suggest is the most efficient and secure way of
getting this SNMP info?

TIA,

Mike