[Nagiosplug-help] check_http -w (needs to be a float)

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Mar 1 21:44:00 CET 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:31:59 -0500
"Warrick FitzGerald" <wfitzgerald at LiveTechnology.com> wrote:

> [root at Uploads plugins]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/./check_http -V
> check_http (nagios-plugins 1.4.0alpha1) 1.54
>
> As you can seem I'm using what I thought was 1.4.0-alpha1.

The nagios-plugins release refers to a release - so is imprecise between
releases - useful to get in the neighborhood, but not always detailed
enough. The check_httpd release (1.54) is the CVS revision and is
completely precise.

For your benefit, and everyone elses, you can save your time and mine by
including the output of the --version (-V) falg whenever you bring up a
bug report.

> I then also downloaded check_http.c from CVS and tried again, but got
> the same result.
>
> As I said I'm no programmer, and I don't have a lot of experience with
> CVS so it quite likely I'm missing something here :)

It turns out that all the variables had been converted (to avoid
warinings about strange casts) but I forgot to relax the input checks. I
just did that now, so I believe that if you refressh from CVS, it should
work.

--
Karl