[Nagiosplug-help] Plugins provide wrong results

Sand Philipp Philipp.Sand at sycor.de
Thu Mar 4 03:54:01 CET 2004

Hello,

I've got a general Problem with some plugins like check_users or check_load, which are included in the nagiosplug package.
I wanted to check a few linux boxes, but i only get the results from 1 Server. E.G. on the Server 4 useres are logged in and it got an average load of 0.5.
On the other Server 1 User is logged in and it got an avg. Load of 0.04. I'm trying to check both servers with check_load and check_users. On the Nagios Web interface i see both services running properly on both pcs, but the results are the same. So on PC1 it shows a load of 0.5 and 4 Users logged in and on PC2 it showas the same results as PC1 even though there is 1 User logged in and it got a load of 0.04 ???
Do I need a Client installed on the System itself? Do I need special Users on the PCs?
Here are my cfgs:

# Service definition Current Users
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       PC1,PC2
        service_description             Current Users
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_local_users!75!150
        active_checks_enabled           1
        }

define service{
        host_name                      PC1,PC2
        service_description             System Load
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,w,r
        check_command                   check_local_load!1.00,1.25,1.50!2.00,2.00,2.00
        }

Thanks for help!

Philipp Sand
OC-CC-TEC-SYS