[Nagiosplug-help] Problem with processes and check_rpocs

d.deboni at edexter.it d.deboni at edexter.it
Tue Mar 9 02:02:06 CET 2004

Hi to everyone,

I want to check if a process is running on a remote machine.

I have a server with nagios which run the check_nrpe plugin with this
syntax (into checkcommands.cfg file)    :

check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$ -a $ARG2$ $ARG3$ $ARG4$

where ARG1 is the remote plugin I want to run (check_procs in this case).
ARG3 and ARG4 are the other parameters (the name of the process, warning
and crititical).

On the remote machine (AIX 4.3) is running the nrpe daemon.
It works all ok but I get alway a positive response even if there are no
processes running with that name.
Here's an example:

OK - 0 processes running with args db2

I want to get a critical alert if there are no processes running with
these args..

can anybody help me?

Davide De Boni

Email: d.deboni at edexter.it