[Nagiosplug-help] spopen and check_by_ssh

nathan nathan at stalecoffee.org
Wed Mar 24 12:46:06 CET 2004

Howdy all, I've done a bit of browsing of the archives and I've seen a few
other people have had issues with spopen and check_by_ssh. In my environment I
have a large number of systems to monitor that I can only access via socks. We
are using dante which uses environment variables to setup the socks tunnel.
Right now I'm in the process of compiling a second copy of openssh with socks
support built in as a workaround to go with a second copy of check_by_ssh.

I would much prefer a unified solution as an option. Either as a commandline
switch or compiletime option, I'd like to see an option to use spopen or not.

Anybody got any tips on how to workaround this 'required environment vars'
problem that doesn't involve hacking the ssh binary?

--
Nathan