[Nagiosplug-help] Plug-ins Documentation

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Mar 26 18:35:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:41:12 -0500
Darrell Mozingo <dmozingo at topechelon.com> wrote:

> I agree. I'd chip in whatever I could. Having everything you'd need in
> one place would be invaluable. Better documentation for redundant
> monitoring, event handlers, and Windows monitoring.

Of course you are all free to do waht you will. And the alternative is
still vaporware. But I'd prefer to develop something that was integrated
into the plugins so that as the plugins will modified the documentation
would by also. Think perldoc except in C.

I had a prototype working in fact, but had to break it apart in order to
make internationalization work.

But even so, I think embedded docs are the way to go, and that is the
direction the plugins have been working towrad.

As I say, you can always do what you want. But I'd prefer to have people
contribute to an engine that could take the existing help text plus
appropriatealy formatted comments and create standalone docs from that.

Anyone up to the challenge?

--
Karl