[Nagiosplug-help] service check interval

Charles Lacour Clacour at greyhound.com
Fri Oct 8 07:23:38 CEST 2004

>>> Thusitha Dassanyake thusithakumara at gmail.com> 10/07/04 09:02PM >>
>What we have now is a cron job. But we need to fix it in to the nagios
>itself in order to monitor often.

>Is it possible to chage the interval specifcally for only one service?

>Or if not, will cronjob be the solution?

Yes, it's very easy. In services.cfg (assuming you're using the template
version of the control files), add a line that says "normal_check_interval   15"
to the service you want run on this schedule. All of the things set in the
template can be overridden for specific services.

If you anticipate having a lot of services like this one, create a new template:

define service {
      register   0
      use generic-service
      name     slow-checks
      normal_check_interval  15
}

Then just define any services you want on the 15-minute cycle with "slow-checks",
instead of "generic-service" on the "use" statement.