[Nagiosplug-help] check_dhcp same server as nagios

Michael Shoemaker shoemake at ispalliance.net
Wed Apr 6 09:54:45 CEST 2005

Greetings again, Thanks for all the help I had with getting the plugins to
compile on a solaris system. Now that I have it working, the lords of my
paycheck are wanting it to monitor a dhcp system that is also on the nagios
box.

However...

When I run check_dhcp it reports back

DHCP problem: No DHCPOFFERs were received.

I have tried a variety of flags to no avail.

I am wondering if anyone can give some advice for checking a dhcp system
running local to the nagios system. Does it matter that the dhcp server is
running off a 10. network?

Thanks in advance for the help (just in case I get it working and get too busy
to reply)

Michael