[Nagiosplug-help] check_http returns "forbidden" but page is accessible from browser

Kevin Hanser kevin at mica.net
Thu Aug 11 12:21:23 CEST 2005

Hmm, seems I've answered my own question as soon as I posted to the
list.

Apparently is is the apache test page that's causing issues.  I created
an actual index.html for the server with one line of text in it, and now
check_http is working.

Does anyone know why the apache test page doesn't work for nagios
monitoring?  I'm thinking it's something to do w/the way that apache
does the test page, since it's not actually in the /var/www/html
directory but someplace else...

interesting..