[Nagiosplug-help] Warning: Monitoring process may not be running

Matthew Deatherage mddeath at gwu.edu
Wed Feb 9 08:32:38 CET 2005

I'm getting the "Warning: Monitoring process may not be running" message
from my nagios system and the Process Info claims "Could not open pipe
for process check command."  I just moved our nagios install to a new
gentoo install.

If I run the command from a prompt as the nagios user I get:
"Nagios ok: located 5 processes, status log updated 12 seconds ago"

cgi.cfg:
nagios_check_command='/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nagios -F
/var/nagios/status.log -e 5 -C "/usr/nagios/bin/nagios"'

check_nagios (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.4 was compiled -mysql and -postgres

I'm guessing I've got the perms wrong somewhere if it "can't open pipe".
Any ideas?

-md