[Nagiosplug-help] Cross compile nagios?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Thu Feb 10 10:28:01 CET 2005

To build a gcc cross compiler, IIRC, you need ./configure --
target=whatever.  It's been a while though.

FWIW, I believe autoconf has some built-in cross compilation checking,
though it's not clear to me at this time whether that is built into
configure scripts by default, or only by request of configure.in.

If you want to see what libraries you're going to require, a relatively
easy way might be to just build native versions, and then use ldd, odump
-Dl, or strings on the resulting native binaries to see what libraries
you're going to need (assuming the host you're cross compiling from has
an at least semi-similar library layout to what you're cross compiling
for).