[Nagiosplug-help] Measure Disk IO on windows

Vanderveken, Jan JVanderveken at ICTautomotive.nl
Thu Feb 17 07:07:10 CET 2005

Is there a way to reliably and accurately measure disk activity on Windows
using the check_nt/pNsclient combination?

I tried to do this using custom performance counters, but I couldn't get any
meaningful information out of it because all the custom counters only seem
to return the immediate value of a counter, and not an averaged value over
time (like when you use the -v CPULOAD parameter).

For example when I used the counter "\\physicaldisk(_Total)\\% Disk Time" it
returned 0% most of the time and occasionally 100% when I force a large file
copy.

Any ideas?

Jan Van der Veken