[Nagiosplug-help] check-host-alive Status UNKNOWN

Nicole Albee albeni01 at luther.edu
Tue Jul 5 12:40:24 CEST 2005

Hi kyle

I would start by checking your service config file if you are calling
 it from the file?

(example:          check_command                 check_ping!100.0,20%!500
.0,60%)

I would also check your checkcommands.cfg file?

(example:  define command{

        command_name    check_ping

        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$
 -c $ARG2$ -p 5

        }

Hopefully this will help.....

- Nicole Albee (albeni01)

-----------------------

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagiosplug-help.32.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq
_pi1[showUid]=8289

> i have a fresh install of Nagios 1.2 and the nagios-plugins-1.3.1,
 i have 36

> hosts i need to keep track of

> i have it working, and i thought i would start with running the

> check-host-alive on all hosts

> the Host Detail page in Nagios shows that they are all up

> but the Service Detail page shows everyone of them with a Status
 UNKNOWN

> with check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!
 in the