[Nagiosplug-help] check_procs breaks under RedHat EL 4 and Fedora

Jan S. Rellermeyer rellermeyer at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 12 03:45:01 CEST 2005

This looks like a subtile problem, under the mentioned distros, ps
command accepts the Unix98 style -axwo switches but will return a
warning message about a possible "bogus -" to stderr. This will cause
the check_procs plugin to permanently remain in a warning state.
I helped myself by subsequently patching the config.h, as I
unfortunately do not have the time to mess around with the autoconf
files but I guess, this sould be solved generally.

Jan S. Rellermeyer
ETH Zurich, D-INFK
IT Support Group
IFW B 26