[Nagiosplug-help] Trouble compiling 1.4 plugins

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Jul 12 13:45:48 CEST 2005

check_radius was written using radiusclient from:
ftp://ftp.cityline.net/pub/radiusclient/

we should probably upgrade to using radiusclient-ng since it has active
development.

-sg

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Justin Shore wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  That's a very good question.  I forgot about
> fighting that battle until you mentioned it just now.  Late last week I
> came across the radiusclient issue and started working on it.  I
> upgraded ppp thinking that perhaps it would fix the problem.  The
> upgrade removed my /usr/include/radiusclient.h.  That started me down a
> long and winding road of trying radiusclient-ng, different pppd versions
> and swearing a lot.  At one point the compile error was many times
> longer than what it is now.  Currently I have radiusclient-ng 0.5.0 and
> ppp 2.4.2-r10.  I also have the freeradius server installed.  I also
> currently have headers for both radiusclient and radiusclient-ng:
>
> root at noc /usr/local/src/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4#>  ls -l /usr/include/radiusclient*
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 14033 Jul  7 16:21 /usr/include/radiusclient-ng.h
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 13870 Jul  7 16:36 /usr/include/radiusclient.h
>
> radiusclient.h is owned by ppp.  IIRC upgrading to 2.4.3-r6 removed the radiusclient.h file.  It's been a fun couple of weeks.
>
> What do you think the fix will be for this problem?  Should the ppp package include the radiusclient header?
>
> Thanks
> Justin

>>> check_radius.c:126: error: too few arguments to function `rc_avpair_add'
>>> check_radius.c:127: error: too few arguments to function `rc_avpair_add'
>>> check_radius.c:128: error: too few arguments to function `rc_avpair_add'
>>> check_radius.c:129: error: too few arguments to function `rc_avpair_add'
>>> check_radius.c:139: error: too few arguments to function `rc_avpair_add'