[Nagiosplug-help] Plugin for Lotus Domino?

Ralph Seichter nagios-ml at sentries.org
Wed Jun 8 07:56:35 CEST 2005

Jo wrote:

> I was merely saying we use NRPE to check whether the service is
> active. Over here the only reason Notes was dead so far, was its
> service being dead, so it's fairly reliable.

I've ran into the problem that a Domino Server would appear
outwardly healthy, all relevant processes running, but not accept
any new client sessions. That is why I'd rather not rely on checking
for the server process alone. Besides, I can't check for a process
on remote servers not running Nagios.

> Here are some pointers that may be of help

Thanks, but as you said yourself, I'm not using a Windows based
server, so the WinBatch examples don't really help. Well, I probably
need to develop my own plugin then.

> Anyway, since you're running Notes on Linux, may I ask you which
> distribution you use for that? I would love to hear it is Mandriva,
> but it probably isn't.

I'm running Domino Servers on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 8
and also on SuSE Linux Professional 8.x and 9.x, depending on the
customer. I have not yet tested Domino with Mandrake/Mandriva.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter