[Nagiosplug-help] Can "allowed host" checks in NRPE be disabled for testing?

Ralph Seichter neon-ml at sentries.org
Fri Jun 10 11:22:31 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to set up NRPE and I got stuck with the allowed_hosts
parameter in nrpe.cfg. If I read nrpe.c correctly, allowed_hosts has
to contain at least one IP address or is_an_allowed_host() always
returns false and thus no client can query the NRPE daemon. I want
to allow the following setup:

  Server A (Dynamic IP, Nagios) --> Server B (NRPE via TLS)

Is there any way to disable the allowed_hosts verification (apart
from patching the source)? I am aware of the security implications,
but I am using a non-standard port and randomly named command[foo]
configurations on Server B to add a minimum level of "security by
obscurity". This is a testing setup only and not to be used for
the upcoming production environment.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter