[Nagiosplug-help] check_smtp and check_imap and secure connections

Nicole Albee albeni01 at luther.edu
Tue Jun 28 13:19:34 CEST 2005

Hi

I am trying to accomplish checking to see if smtp secure connection
 that uses tls works.  I am also trying to accomplish checking to
 see if imap secure connection that uses tls/ssl works.

It does not seem that the check_imap (version: (nagios-plugins 1.3.1)
 1.13.2.3) and check_smtp (version:  (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.9.2.2)
 supports secure connections.

these are the commands that I have tried and the results:

./check_imap -H <server-name>  -p 993

Socket timeout after 10 seconds

 ./check_smtp -H <server-name>  -p 465

Connection refused by host

SMTP CRITICAL - 0 second response time

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nikki

albeni01