[Nagiosplug-help] "Connection refused by host"

Aaron Bednar abednar at email.unc.edu
Sun Mar 6 04:16:05 CET 2005

   I've got nagios installed and running on a fedora machine and am trying
to install nrpe-2.0 on another fedora machine for the first one to
monitor. I'm also trying to get the nsclient to work. I'm getting the same
message for both of them:
"Connection refused by host"
when I run the commands on the host:
./check_nt -H cc146.itcc.unc.edu -v CLIENTVERSION
and
./check_nrpe -H cc146.itcc.unc.edu
   On the remote host, I've configured the firewall to allow tcp on port
5666, and have specified the IP address of the nagios server as an allowed
host, but am still having the problem.
   I'd appreciate any suggestion you have for things I should check.
Thanks!

Aaron Bednar
Administrator
Network Control Center