[Nagiosplug-help] check_ping plugin problem

My Giovanni /Consulente Giovanni.My at albacom.it
Sun Mar 6 04:16:07 CET 2005

Hi,

I've got a problem with the chek_plugin.

I run nagios on a Linux machine (RedHat 9.a).

I captured the value returned by the plugin and it is always 3 instead of 0
(in case of ping successful) when I launch check_ping and 2 instead of 0
when I launch the check-host-alive command.

this what appear on the nagios GUI for the service PING of the host diomede
157.28.1.44:
PING -- UNKNOWN -- 04-03-2005 17:37:33 -- 0d 1h 3m 43s --  1/3 -- /bin/ping
-n -U -w 10 -c 5 157.28.1.44
could you help me?

thanks in advance and regards

Giovanni My