[Nagiosplug-help] Monitoring proxyserver with check_http

Ivo.Hanuska at hella.com Ivo.Hanuska at hella.com
Mon Mar 21 02:35:04 CET 2005

Good morning!

Some time now, I am using Nagios for monitoring company network. After
upgrade to Nagios 2.0 Beta 2 with plugins version 1.4 I got task to monitor
functionality of company proxy servers. My idea was to use check_http
plugin to download some webpage (i.e. google.com).

Problem is, that I am unable to get out through the proxy server.

I tested check_http -I myproxy -p 3128 -u http://www.google com

but I got "unable to open TCP socket error".

I tested check_http -I myproxy:3128 -u http://www.google com

and I got "Critical - Socket timout after 10 seconds" error.

Since I have not extra long time to implement this plugin (so I can not
experiment too much) I am seeking help of someone, who does undferstand
this more. Can someone help?

Thank you for any help!

Ivo Hanuska
Hella Autotechnik