[Nagiosplug-help] check_nrpe

news gonzo news gonzo news_gonzo at yahoo.fr
Wed May 4 05:32:17 CEST 2005

hi
I have a problem with nrpe and xinetd here is my cfg
on xinetd
# default: on
service nrpe
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /root/nrpe-2.0/src/nrpe
        server_args     = -c /root/nrpe-2.0/nrpe.cfg
--inetd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
        only_from       = 0.0.0.0
}

let s now consider nrpe.cfg:
dont_blame_nrpe=0
debug=0
command_timeout=60
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk
-w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/hda1

And the result message after ./check_nrpe -H dopey -n
:
CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon. Check the
remote server logs for error messages.

Moreover i had to specify the option -n also nrpe has
been compiled without the ssl option

Thx