[Nagiosplug-help] Fail to telnet NRPE port (5666)

eugene eugene at mnc.com.my
Tue May 17 18:18:19 CEST 2005

Nagios FAQ
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=261&expand=false&showdesc=false

I was thinking the cause of tcp wrapper, but actually i am running from
xined, should be any tcp wrapper
I get this while telnet port 5666

Trying X.X.X.X...
Connected to X.X.X.X.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I do this at my NRPE client, is it a proper way?
1) Create nrpe file > /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe

        # default: on
        service nrpe
        {
                flags           = REUSE
                socket_type     = stream
                wait            = no
                user            = nagios
                server          = /usr/local/nagios/nrpe
                server_args     = -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg --inetd
                log_on_failure  += USERID
                disable         = no
                only_from       = 192.168.10.50
      }

2) set port 5666 > /etc/services
    nrpe            5666/tcp                        # NRPE

3) /usr/local/nagios/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -i
I am using hard code from nrpe.cfg,
command[check_load]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load -w 15,10,5 -c
30,25,20

Define in Nagios server
1) in checkcommands.cfg

define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
        }

2) # Service definition
define service{
        use                            generic-service

        host_name                      Testing
        service_description            Check Load
        is_volatile                    0
        check_period                   24x7
        max_check_attempts             3
        normal_check_interval          3
        retry_check_interval           1
        contact_groups                 Support-Team
        notification_interval          120
        notification_period            24x7
        notification_options           w,u,c,r
        check_command                  check_nrpe!check_load
        }

What are the things i left? Is there any mismatch of configuration
Thanks you for the reply but i still need your help :)

Regards,
Eugene