[Nagiosplug-help] Nc_Net Event Log Check

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Thu Nov 10 11:00:01 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm going to install NC_Net V1_x on several Windows boxes and use it with
Nagios. I used in other sites an other plugin, but I would like to try
Nc_Net because it can be used instead of two or more separate plugin. But
I'm a bit confusing about Event Log Check behavior of Nc_Net.

According to the documentation of the latest (2.28) version: "the  third
parameter is for time interval in minutes (how old do you want the events
entry to check)".

If I query event log via Nagios in every 10 minutes how does Nc_Net handle
service check latency?
I mean the following: query event log at time 't0' and give time
interval=normal_check_interval, for example 10 minutes. After 10 minutes
Nagios try to query the event log again, but due to latency the query is
sent at time 't0+610 second'. What happens if a log entry is written to the
event log at 't0+602 second'?

Thanks in advance, Tamas!