[Nagiosplug-help] problems with notes_url to show nagiosgraphs

Mark Limburg mark.limburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:19:02 CET 2005

Howdy,

I've poked, prodded, changed, googled, tweaked, and looked pretty much
everywhere to find a solution to my problem .. and have only become more
confused. With luck, the below will make some sense.

Downloaded, compiled, and have Nagios running. Also setup NRPE and have a
number of remote checks returning. Looks great. So, at the request of
management, I've gone on to install nagiosgraph .. and no matter how I try,
I can't make the icon display to show nagiosgraph.

Now, I've checked that the graphs are working, and if I put in the URL
myself, I can see the graphs ... so I know it's working, which is a big step
forward ... but cannot for the life of me figure out why the icon (or indeed
the HTML for it) isn't being shown.

Some entries from my configs ..

cgi.conf
xedtemplate_config_file=/apps/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg

serviceextinfo.cfg
define serviceextinfo{
service_description System Load
host_name ADL0805,ADL0806,ADL0807,ADL0808,ADL0809,
notes_url
/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$&geom=800x600
icon_image trends.gif
icon_image_alt Graph
}

Anyone got any ideas on what I'm missing here? I'm stumped, and nagiosgraph
isn't as well documented as nagios, so I've hit a brick wall there.

Regards,

Mark