[Nagiosplug-help] How do i check dhcpd running on remote host

Rajendra Adhikari rajendra at subisu.net.np
Thu Nov 17 02:28:02 CET 2005

The nagios monitor is 3 hops away from the dhcpd server. In between
there are non-cisco routes and they do not support as dhcp relay agent.
Nagios monitor do not get IP address from dhcp server.
I have installed the plugin
http://oss.op5.se/nagios/op5plugins-2005-09-27.tar.gz.
#check_dhcp --serverip=192.168.1.2
Error: Could not bind socket to interface eth0.  Check your privileges...

It is certain that the dhcp request from nagios monitor will never reach
the dhcp server as there are routers in between and they do not act as
dhcp relay agent.
If its not possible in this scenario, then is there any other way to
check if dhcpd is running on the remote host.

regds,
Rajen.