[Nagiosplug-help] How do i check dhcpd running on remote host

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Nov 17 01:52:01 CET 2005

rajendra at subisu.net.np wrote:
> I have my client (where nagios is installed) on different subnet than that
> of the dhcpd server. However, the dhcpd server is reachable. As it is not
> on the same boradcast domain there is no way the dhcpd server gets the
> broadcast request from the client. I guess, it wont work with the standard
> plugins.

No it won't (unless Sean pulled in the dhcp-relay thingie from me).
That's why I suggested trying the check_dhcp plugin from the package at
http://oss.op5.se/nagios since it's supposed to be able to do this
(provided your dhcp-server accepts relayed requests, which I think is
impossible to turn off).

> Is anyone checking the dhcp server running on the separate subnet?

We have a customer that does. The patch originally came from them. I
only modified it to make it accept arguments for the dhcp-server and such.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se