[Nagiosplug-help] Check_dig returning warning state incorrectly

Hans Engelen engelenh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:46:02 CEST 2005

On 9/26/05, Ton Voon <ton.voon at altinity.com> wrote:

> Did you compile the entire 1.4.2 release? There has been a fix for Redhat
> since there is a problem in the kernel for the dig and the nslookup command
> when using popen. Our fix in 1.4.2 release also changed the configure
> script to pick up this scenario., but if you just took the check_dig.c file
> and compiled against the 1.4.1 release, this would not pick up the fix.

 Yes, I did, I happend to see a message in one of the mailing lists while
investigating that 1.4.2 was to fix this so I downloaded and compiled it.
The whole set that is. Sascha is right though the box is running 2.6.9-11 so
I will be looking into his suggestions. I see there is a new kernel on the
RH network, maybe that helps already. Either way I have a few directions to
look in now with yours and Sascha's feedback. Thanks.
 Cheers,
Hans