[Nagiosplug-help] Check_dig returning warning state incorrectly

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Sep 26 01:59:04 CEST 2005

On 26 Sep 2005, at 09:44, Hans Engelen wrote:

> On 9/26/05, Ton Voon <ton.voon at altinity.com> wrote:
>
> Did you compile the entire 1.4.2 release? There has been a fix for
> Redhat since there is a problem in the kernel for the dig and the
> nslookup command when using popen. Our fix in 1.4.2 release also
> changed the configure script to pick up this scenario., but if you
> just took the check_dig.c file and compiled against the 1.4.1
> release, this would not pick up the fix.
>
> Yes, I did, I happend to see a message in one of the mailing lists
> while investigating that 1.4.2 was to fix this so I downloaded and
> compiled it. The whole set that is. Sascha is right though the box
> is running 2.6.9-11 so I will be looking into his suggestions. I
> see there is a new kernel on the RH network, maybe that helps
> already. Either way I have a few directions to look in now with
> yours and Sascha's feedback. Thanks.

While I acknowledge this problem was introduced by Red Hat, I thought
our latest code provided a suitable fix. If this is not working for
you, then that suggests we need to do something else to our code or
at least provide enough information about workarounds/solutions.

I'd be grateful for any more information and recommendations on what
we can do about this, from a Nagios plugins perspective.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725