[Nagiosplug-help] check_url

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Aug 8 00:13:58 CEST 2006

On 7 Aug 2006, at 11:41, Nicola Paltani wrote:

> Hi list
>

> i must check an http url through an authenticated proxy , i have
>  found the plugins check_url ,it seems work fine , i have used as
>  command
>

> ./check_url www.site.com -Y --proxy
>

> if i tried the command with root, nagios and apache user it works
>  correctly
>

> (i have export the http_proxy with user and password for all users)
>

> but when i insert the check under nagios it doesn't work it seems
>  the user can't write in the directory /usr/local/nagios/libexec
>

> i presume is a permission problem with the apache user but if i
>  try manually it works ,I don't know what to do?

The command will be executed as the Nagios application user, usually
nagios. If it works on the command line as nagios, but not in Nagios,
then maybe there is something to do with your environment?

> does anyone used check_url or know other system to check http url
>  trough an authenticated proxy

I'm sure you can use check_http for this, though I don't have an
example. If I recall correctly, it is something like ./check_http -H
proxy_server -u http://external.site.com/url -a username:password.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243