[Nagiosplug-help] Monitoring Java Application OIDs in Nagios

Lorenzo L. Arca, Jr. larca at solegysystems.com
Thu Aug 31 04:16:24 CEST 2006

Hi list

Can you help me out on my problem?

The thing is we have an application that:

1.  runs in a java environment;
2.  has an assigned OID; and
3.  uses a different port than snmp.

Currently I'm using Nagios and the plugin check_snmp_process.  However,
such plugin can only monitor the application, 6 instances actually, as a
java process with no distinction on the 6 instances.  This is I think is
because the plugin does not use OIDs for identifying processes, when I
use another plugin, check_process (which uses OIDs) all I get is "No
data received from host" or something in that thought.

Any insight, suggestion, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Lorenzo Arca (larca at solegysystems)