[Nagiosplug-help] Monitoring Java OIDs

Lorenzo Arca larca at solegysystems.com
Thu Aug 31 03:49:52 CEST 2006

Hi list

Can you help me out on my problem?

The thing is we have an application that:

1.  runs in a java environment;

2.  has an assigned OID; and

3.  uses a different port than snmp.

Currently I'm using Nagios and the plugin check_snmp_process.  However,
 such plugin can only monitor the application, 6 instances actually,
 as a java process with no distinction on the 6 instances.  This
 is I think is because the plugin does not use OIDs for identifying
 processes, when I use another plugin, check_process (which uses
 OIDs) all I get is "No data received from host" or something in
 that thought.

Any insight, suggestion, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Lorenzo Arca (larca at solegysystems)