[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios + Gnokii

haydar akpınar haydar.akpinar at argela.com.tr
Thu Dec 7 10:31:45 CET 2006

Hello List....

I have installed Nagios on my Redhat 9 machine and it is working like a
charm. Also I have installed Gnokii on my system and I have been sending SMS
messages via

echo "hello" | gnokii --sendsms "the cellphone number"

Up to this point everything seems to work, but when I try to send sms via
Nagios it seems to fail.

I have followed the instructions that was given from the nagios and cant
figure out as to why I am getting such errors

<<<< the information I have followed from nagios site >>>>

#Nagios command obj
# 'host-notify-by-gnokii' command definition
define command{
command_name host-notify-by-gnokii
command_line /opt/nagios/bin/sms_notification_by_gnokki $CONTACTPAGER$
"Nagios Host Alert \n\n $HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE$; $OUTPUT$; $DATETIME$"
}

send sms example script:
----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh