[Nagiosplug-help] NSClient on Server 2003 Web Edition

Kevin Krawez Kevin_Krawez at Phoenix.com
Thu Feb 9 10:05:01 CET 2006

Hi Jason,

I highly recommend you avoid NSClient (pNSClient.exe). It was originally
written for Netsaint years back in Delphi. I used this plug-in in the
past for approximately three years on over 200 servers. It is a
basically dead project and has problems with win2k3 servers running SP1.
Going forward you are just going to run into problems. I contemplated
writing my own plug-in several years back but ended up moving to
clientless plugins using WMI/NRPE. This is the best approach I found for
my environment however yours may vary.

If your not interested in setting up the infastructure to do clientless
WMI checks then I recommend you look at the drop-in replacement for
NSclient named NC_NET.

http://shatterit.com/nc_net/

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view
]=199