[Nagiosplug-help] (no subject)

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jan 24 08:24:11 CET 2006

Dony Pierre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to use the plugins check_by_ssh for Windows. We have here
> the software Winsshd running on our Windows
> server, so it must be possble.
>
> When I execute the command with ssh, it works fine
>
> [root at linsys01 plugins]# ssh donypie at pc012192.lanprd.nbb 'perl -v'
> donypie at pc012192.lanprd.nbb's password:
>
> This is perl, v5.8.4 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> (with 3 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall
>
> Binary build 810 provided by ActiveState Corp.
> http://www.ActiveState.com
> ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
> Built Jun  1 2004 11:52:21
>
> Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
> or the
> GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.
>
> Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
> this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
> the
> Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home
> Page.

> But when I try with check-by_ssh, I don't receive any output !!

check_by_ssh only delivers the first line of output from the command you
run. From the output above that's an empty line, and that's what's shown
below. No output is not the same as an empty line.

You'll also need to set up passphrase-less ssh keys to connect to the
windows machine, since Nagios can't type a password for you. Note that
you'll need to do that as the nagios user, since that user has no access
to root's keys.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se