[Nagiosplug-help] nrpe failed to create process

David Schlecht dschlecht at doit.nv.gov
Wed Jul 19 23:19:04 CEST 2006

Hi All

I'm using NsClient++ and NRPE to run a perl script (on a Windows)
 box. If I set the INI file as:

check_proc=c:\path\script.pl

then I get a "failed to create process" error. I can run the

perl script successfully as c:\path\script.pl from the command

line.

If I set the INI file as:

check_proc=c:\path\to\perl c:\path\script.pl

then I get the text back from the perl script, but I don't get

the error level. I'm thinking that running the script from the

perl interpreter is always returning a zero since the interpreter

isn't failing.

Any clues would be most appreciated.

- David Schlecht (dschl)