[Nagiosplug-help] How to request. Using send_nsca to report from remote host(s).

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:31:02 CEST 2006

Does anyone have any kind of example of what a "services.cfg" entry
would look like that would accept a line such as:
(Wrapped for space)
[1148423498] PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT
      ;myhost;pointy-hair-watcher;1;BOSS WARNING - He's looking.

I can get send_nsca to send data but I can't figure out how to get the
host on the recieving end to understand it.

If I had a cron job on my remote system (myhost) that ran my own
script and produced the correctly formatted line, how do I make the
reciever (running Nagios) list it as a valid service and display the
appropriate information?

Thanks for everyone's patience.
--
    << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan.