[Nagiosplug-help] check_by_ssh trouble

John Huck John.Huck at lpcorp.com
Tue May 23 16:44:11 CEST 2006

I'm trying to get check_by_ssh to work with my nagios configuration.
I've got the keys set up correctly, and I can issue the check_by_ssh
command from the command line and it works.  However, when nagios runs
the command it ALWAYS returns an OK status; even when I force it to be a
WARNING or CRITICAL.  It doesn't appear that the command is ever being
ran on the remote system.  As a test I set up this command:

define command {

            command_name check_ssh

            command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
"echo TEST > /tmp/nagios.test"

}

Then I set it up in a regular service definition.  Its status will come
back OK within Nagios, but the /tmp/nagios.test file is never created,
so I'm sure the command is not being ran on the remote system.

Again, it works fine from the command line.  I've tried various options
on the check_by_ssh command (-l nagios, -f, etc.) and I'm not getting
anywhere.  Any ideas?

Thanks

John