[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE agent on HPUX: unable tu run it

Francois Pernet Francois.Pernet at idsa.ch
Mon Sep 11 13:28:34 CEST 2006

We tried to compile nrpe agent on HPUX but no way. So we decided to use your prebuit version but still have problem.

Here is our problem:

Agent nrpe sur HPUX : B.11.23
Agent check_nrpe : nagios-plugins 1.4.3
Demon NRPE : version 2.3

Installation has been made with success but since we tried to run it, we've got the following:
When I run the following command from the client:
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -i

the following error message apperas:
> "/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so unsatisfied data symbol rfc931_timeout in load
> module /usr/lib/hpux32/libwrap.so"

Any help or idea will be greatly appreciated...We tried to ask to HP but try to guess their answer (he he ...buy HPOV) ;-))

Many thanks in advance